Our Food, Beverage & Agribusiness Group combines our highly regarded corporate and M&A lawyers with our regulatory specialists, tax practitioners and top-ranking intellectual property lawyers. William Fry is to the forefront in advising food companies, focusing always on delivering the best results for our clients. Our specialist team has in-depth and extensive industry knowledge, from advising early stage companies on supply chain management and getting products to market to advising large corporations on tax efficient structuring.
We represent a broad range of clients across the sector, from large multi-national companies with Irish operations to indigenous privately owned entities.
Areas of expertise include:
- Commercial Contracts (including manufacturing, supply and outsourcing agreements, advertising and marketing arrangements and research and development (“R&D”) licensing arrangements);
- Food Regulation (including advising on for example EU and Irish food safety and food labelling law, packaging and consumer issues and guidance on regulatory approvals, waste packaging, marketing of food products and national standards for food safety management);
- Intellectual Property (IP) including trade mark portfolio management, exploitation of IP and enforcement of IP rights (contentious and non-contentious website management);
- Dispute management (including regulatory compliance, regulatory breaches, product liability, product recall and crisis management, Data Protection and consumer issues and guidance on regulatory approvals);
- Public procurement, EU and Competition law;
- Employment law (guidance on employee/contractor arrangements and Irish employment regulations and practice);
- Property law;
- Tax structuring (including IP tax structuring and R&D credit optimisation); and
- Corporate transactions (including fundraisings, joint ventures, shareholder agreements, mergers and acquisitions).