She is a member of the White Collar Crime & Investigations team and has advised companies and individuals on some of the most high-profile regulatory investigations in Ireland involving the Corporate Enforcement Authority (formerly the ODCE), the Data Protection Commission and the Irish Central Bank.
As well as having very extensive experience in high value and complex Commercial Court litigation, particularly in relation to shareholder and contractual disputes, Deirdre is very experienced in alternative dispute resolution, particularly mediation, including in an international context. She is a member of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association and has lectured on litigation matters before the Law Society of Ireland.
Her recent experience includes advising:
- several corporate and private clients in relation to an investigation by Inspectors appointed by the High Court into an allegation of corporate wrongdoing in an Irish plc. The Inspectors were appointed on foot of an application by the Corporate Enforcement Authority.
- several current and former directors and officers of a publicly quoted company in relation to a complex insurance coverage dispute before the Commercial Court.
- Ireland’s largest private provider of the Mortgage-to-Rent Scheme in the defence of Commercial Court proceedings brought by a service provider.
- AA (Alternative Advantage) plc in Commercial Court proceedings for the return of over $100m sub-custodied with Bernard Madoff.
- an online broker in relation to claims of alleged negligence and breaches of statutory duty, including the European Communities (Distance Marketing of Consumer Financial Services) Regulations and the Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Act, 2013.
- a former non-executive director of a credit institution in the first ever Central Bank Inquiry conducted pursuant to its Administrative Sanctions Procedure.