He specialises in advising public and private sector organisations on the employment law aspects of corporate transactions, restructurings, and outsourcings, with a particular expertise in Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE) matters.
He also advises clients on all aspects of employment, employment equality, and industrial relations law, and has acted for clients before all the Irish courts and employment law forums. He is heavily involved in the firm’s FDI focus as well as with start-up companies.
Significant recent matters include advising:
- Qorvo Inc., the US based leader in RF Solutions on its acquisition of Decawave Limited – winner of ‘Deal of the Year’ at the Irish Times Business Awards
- Uniphar plc on its acquisition of the Navi Group, a supplier of leading digital platforms and quality pharmaceutical products, and separately on its acquisition of the Hickey Pharmacy group
- A technology company on the litigation involved following the contentious exit of a senior employee
- August Equity on its acquisition of Integrity360, an industry-leading cyber security specialist
- MML Growth Capital Partners on its private equity investments in (1) Kyte Powertech (a manufacturer of distribution transformers for distribution networks and industrial applications), and (2) RelateCare (a healthcare communications consultancy and outsourcing leader)
- A customer services company on a large scale redundancy and restructuring project
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice on its £2.8bn recommended takeover of UDG Healthcare plc
- DCC Group on its acquisition of (1) Jones Oil and (2) Campus Oil