Niamh’s expertise includes advising liquidators, receivers and examiners as well as creditors, directors and shareholders of companies. She also has experience in commercial litigation, with emphasis on contentious insolvency litigation and contractual disputes.
Niamh is a founding member of IWIRC Ireland, the Irish Network of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation. She also tutors and authors materials for the Law Society.
Recent work includes advising:
- Grant Thornton as receivers appointed to the Ronan Group Real Estate property portfolio;
- Ken Fennell (now of Interpath Advisory) as examiner and subsequently liquidator of Sonica Fitout Limited;
- PwC as receiver of development lands with an estimated value of €30 million and Plaintiff in Commercial Court proceedings;
- Ballantyne Re plc on an Irish law scheme of arrangement to restructure US$1.65bn of New York law governed notes;
- Naval Energies SAS, as the majority shareholder and largest creditor in the global liquidation of the OpenHydro Group, headquartered in Ireland, in addition to advising Naval Group S.A as secured creditor; and
- EY as the Joint Administrators of Nortel Networks (Ireland) Limited.