Eoin is a member of the International Bar Association Insurance Committee; Insurance Institute of Ireland and the British Insurance Law Association. Recent speaking involvements include Financial Services Ireland; Insurance Ireland and the European Insurance Forum. In addition to his legal qualifications he holds an MBS (Financial Services) and an affiliation to the Society of Actuaries in Ireland.
Recent significant transactions include advising:
- Athora on its acquisition of Aegon Ireland
- AA plc on its sale of AA Ireland to Carlye Cardinal
- Banco Santander on its sale to CNP Assurance of a majority interest in its Irish cross-border insurance subsidiaries
- Allied World, AXA, Markel, Catalina and SCOR on various Court sanctioned mergers and amalgamations of Irish insurance and reinsurance activities
- Fidelity Worldwide Investment (FIL), Santander Insurance and Chaucer on the authorisation of their Irish insurance companies
- Various clients on matters including Solvency II outsourcing, enforcement actions, own funds/capital, Brexit contingency planning and structured transactions (pension de-risking, collateral and portfolio transfers)