The Asset Management and Investment Funds Department at William Fry is recognised for delivering the highest quality work with an exceptionally strong service mentality.
We are business focused, commercial and pragmatic in our approach and this is why William Fry continues to be the firm of choice for significant and complex fund transactions in Ireland.
Our leading position reflects our strength, in-depth industry expertise, market leading legal knowledge base, the experience of our team at all levels, as well as the calibre of our clients and the transactions on which we advise.
- We are one of the largest dedicated asset management and investment funds teams in Ireland.
- Our team represents 650 Irish domiciled funds, and we are the sole legal advisors to 6 of the 10 largest fund structures by AUM domiciled in the jurisdiction, maintaining our long-standing ranking among the top legal advisors to Irish domiciled funds.
- We are known for our ‘Blue Chip’ client base, advising 3 of the top 6 promoters of Irish domiciled funds by AUM (including the largest), as well as a number of the most significant global fund service providers.
- We offer unrivalled expertise at all fee earner levels in structuring, establishing and advising ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds), acting as longstanding legal advisors to the world’s largest ETF provider.
- We are consistently at the forefront of legal/regulatory, solutions-focused innovation, leading the way in the provision of cutting-edge legal advice within the Irish Funds sector, having advised on:
- a number of significant passporting applications to establish branches of Irish fund management companies in various EU jurisdictions during the early stages of Brexit which inspired re-assessment of the potential for expanded functionality in Irish-domiciled fund management companies
- the creation of a single settlement model permitting settlement of ETFs within the international central securities depositary (ICSD) system for the first time and the conversion of the first ETFs to use this new settlement model
- the establishment of the first proprietary Authorised Participant dealing platform for all primary market trading owned and operated by the ETF provider, outside of the Administrator’s network
- the establishment of the first Irish-domiciled money market fund
- the first conversion of a fund from Plc to ICAV status
- the first property ICAV, life settlement fund, loan origination fund and various share class structures to the Irish market
- We have a deep understanding and knowledge of the sector with a proven track record of delivering business focused, commercial and pragmatic solutions. We pride ourselves on maintaining strong and trusted bonds with clients over the longer-term, evidencing consistent satisfaction with the quality of legal service delivery.