He has worked in industry with SCOR Global Life and prior to this he was a member of the firm’s Corporate Department for 13 years. Ian’s practice involves a combination of corporate and regulatory insurance and reinsurance work.
Significant transactions include advising:
- SCOR on the establishment and operations of an Irish authorised reinsurance undertaking
- Phoenix Group on the disposal of Ark Life, and on the acquisition of ReAssure
- Owners on the sale of their stake in GloHealth to Irish Life Health
- Various clients on the acquisition of Irish insurance intermediaries
- Various (re)insurers on Solvency II regulatory capital
Ian is a member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association and is a solicitor qualified in England & Wales.