Liam specialises in the structuring of complex projects across all sectors and has played a significant role in many of the largest capital projects undertaken in Ireland. He is particularly used to leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams in large projects. He advises clients on liability and insurance in the context of projects and on statutory process issues. Liam has been a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee since 2011.
Recent significant transactions include:
- Leading the William Fry team advising Hines on its acquisition of the Project River Student Accommodation Portfolio (during the course of construction) .
- Leading the William Fry team who advised Blackpitts LP on the site acquisition, financing and development of a 202 bed hotel in Blackpitts Dublin to be operated as the first Starwood Aloft branded hotel in Ireland and the first hotel to be constructed in Dublin post the financial crisis
- Advising Aerie Pharmaceuticals on the development of their new pharma manufacturing plant in Athlone
- Advising EFIV Irish Property ICAV on the development of two major blocks of student accommodation at Point Access Campus, Dublin comprising c.950 student beds
- Leading the William Fry team advising Parnell Square Foundation on all aspects of the procurement of the new City Library for Dublin including the regeneration of the Parnell Square Cultural Quarter.
- Leading the William Fry team who advised on the development, financing and pre let of the c.5,600 sq metre LXV Building on St. Stephen’s Green to AerCap and subsequent sale to Hines. This was the first new office block developed in Dublin post the financial crisis
Liam is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.