For over 20 years, Niall has advised investment funds, fund promoters and fund service providers on the structuring, establishment, regulation, distribution and management of a wide variety of UCITS and alternative investment funds.
Niall has specialist experience in the regulatory regime that applies to alternative investment funds (particularly real estate and private credit funds) and fund management companies.
Recent significant deals include advising:
- a U.S. real estate investor and manager on the structuring and financing arrangements relating to, and the establishment of, an Irish property fund that will invest in commercial property
- a US credit specialist on the establishment of a qualifying investor AIF engaging in a private credit strategy
- an Irish AIF on the internalisation of the management of the AIF by way of the acquisition of the AIF’s alternative investment fund manager
- Irish fund management companies as to the steps to be taken to address the findings of on-site inspections and industry surveys conducted by the Central Bank of Ireland
- a European insurer on the establishment of an equity qualifying investor AIF that will seek to ensure the eligibility of its shares for classification as IFRS 9 FVOCI financial instruments
“Extremely professional, knowledgeable, diligent and very experienced in funds.” IFLR1000 2020