Padraic has extensive experience in acting for lenders and borrowers in relation to corporate lending, real estate finance (development and investment), acquisition finance and receivables finance.
Recent transactions Padraic has led on the finance side include:
- Acted for Echelon Data Centres (as lead borrower counsel) on its €855m debt financing with Starwood Capital for the development of data centre facilities with a combined capacity of up to 400MW at Echelon’s four Irish sites in Dublin and Wicklow. This deal represents one of the largest development finance transactions completed in Europe in 2021.
- Acted for Uniphar plc (as lead borrower counsel) on a €320m refinancing of the group. The deal was nominated as Deal of the Year 2021 by Finance Dublin (Refinancing Category).
- Acted for Bank of Ireland (as lead lender counsel) on a number of private rented sector development financings with Dwyer Nolan Developments including Santry Place and Hampton Wood and the forward sale of those developments to Ardstone Capital (listed as No.5 on the Irish Times Top 10 commercial property deals of 2021).
- Acted for the lenders (as lead lender counsel) on the development financing of over 394,000 square feet of commercial space known as Coopers Cross. Coopers Cross is a mixed use development by Kennedy Wilson comprising, over an entire city block, a development site of 5.9 acres situated within Dublin’s central business district.
- Continuously act (as lead lender counsel) for various domestic and international financial institution lenders (on a bilateral, club and syndicated basis) on financing many of Ireland’s largest domestic and international corporate organisations. A sample of such corporate financings that Padraic led during 2021 (as lead lender counsel) includes West Cork Distillers (the largest wholly Irish owned distiller), Sports Surgery Clinic (the leading private orthopaedic hospital in Ireland) and the Gaelic Athletic Association (Ireland’s largest sporting organisation).
- Continuously act for a number of bank and non-bank invoice finance providers and large corporates on invoice discounting (recourse and non-recourse), supply chain finance, reverse invoice discounting and supplier payment facilities. Clients that Padraic regularly acts for in this space include Bank of Ireland Finance and Bibby Financial Services.