Jarleth is a Partner in Projects & Construction and Alternative Dispute Resolution. His practice is a mix of both contentious and non-contentious construction, projects and dispute resolution for State, international clients/intermediaries, developer, financial institutions, professional and contractor clients.
Jarleth advises on Irish and international construction and engineering bespoke and standard form agreements (e.g. RIAI, IEI, GCCC, JCT, NEC and FIDIC etc). He also advises on procurement and PPP/PFI.
Jarleth also advises on alternative dispute resolution matters, including conciliation, mediation, adjudication, arbitration construction insolvency issues and rescue financing.
His experience includes advising:
- the Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland in connection with its financing of the commercial element of Central Park a highly sought after portfolio acquired by a joint venture between Green REIT and PIMCO.
- the negotiation of a new facility to each of Joe O’Reilly and John Fitzsimons secured against 46 properties at Dundrum Shopping Centre, Dublin and known as the “Lenridge Properties”, together with the negotiation of an extensive security package in favour of NAMA.
- various complex projects across the DAA’s portfolio.
- the Dublin Waste to Energy PPP Project – the largest PPP Project in the State.
- Chartered Land on the project due diligence relating to Project Tara, asset sale of commercial property portfolio comprising economic office investment including buildings occupied by Facebook’s EMEA headquarters.
- New Children’s Hospital of Ireland Project on the New Children’s Hospital. This is the largest capital spend project in the Irish public healthcare sector with an estimated value of €650m and arguably the most high profile project in Ireland.
Jarleth is also a chartered surveyor with significant experience acquired in asset property management having worked with top tier firms in the United Kingdom. His qualifications include:
- Fellow of RICS and SCSI
- Fellow of CIArb and practising arbitrator: panel arbitrator Ireland, England and Dubai
- Chartered member of CIOB
- CEDR qualified mediator
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland and England and Wales - including higher rights of audience
Jarleth is described as "proactive and efficient" by Legal 500 EMEA, 2015 while Chambers Europe 2015 find Jarleth to be "highly efficient, because he has been trained in the construction industry, so he understands it really well. He is not only clear on the big picture, but also on the nuts and bolts of construction. It is great to deal with someone who understands the process."
In Chambers & Partners 2014, it is reported that clients say, Jarleth "provides an efficient and thorough service" on construction projects. He is assisting the National Paediatric Hospital Development Board and Department of Health with the ongoing construction of the EUR650 million New Children's Hospital of Ireland. He also offers dispute resolution expertise, notably on cases using ADR methods. Jarleth advises a variety of clients on construction projects. He recently assisted Chartered Land with a significant fitting-out project within the Grand Canal Square office development in Dublin.
Jarleth Heneghan "is prompt and responsive, and has a great understanding of the business issues. He keeps us out of trouble,” reports a source of Chambers Europe, 2013. He is also described as “extremely diligent with a fantastic mind: he is timely and creative.”
In Legal 500 EMEA, 2013, Jarleth Heneghan is described as 'insightful’ and ‘extremely diligent’.
Legal 500 EMEA, 2012, reports that Jarleth is a leading individual and described as ‘efficient in dealing with complex contracts' providing a ‘solution focused and excellent service’. Jarleth earns excellent praise from Clients who says ‘he is efficient, prompt, dedicated and commercially aware’, Chambers Europe 2012.