Here is a selection of our recent publications on subjects that may affect you or your business. We regularly publish briefings and insights on legal and regulatory developments.
For more information on any of the topics covered in this edition, please contact the people listed in the articles or your usual William Fry contact.
- What You Need to Know About the New Code of Practice for Revenue Compliance Interventions
A new Code of Practice for Revenue Compliance Interventions was recently published. From 1 May 2022, the Code of Practice will significantly change interactions between Revenue and taxpayers.
- Central Bank 2022 Financial Regulation Priorities
On 11 March 2022, Derville Rowland, Director General, Financial Conduct outlined the Central Bank of Ireland’s supervisory priorities for 2022.
- Defamation Law Developments
The Supreme Court recently increased a defamation damages award, giving important guidance around the assessment of damages in defamation cases. We explore the leading judgment of the Supreme Court, together with the proposed changes to Irish defamation laws outlined in the recently published Review of the Defamation Act 2009.
- New Whistleblowing Legislation set to Significantly Enhance the Protection Afforded to Whistle-blowers
The Protected Disclosures (Amendment) Bill 2022 was recently published. We discuss some of the key features of the proposed legislation designed to improve the protections afforded to whistle-blowers in Ireland.
- Regulations prohibiting ‘price walking’ in motor and home insurance industries published
On 15 March 2022, the Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Act 2013 (Section 48(1)) (Insurance Requirements) Regulations 2022 were published. Once in force, the Regulations will prohibit the practice of price walking in the motor and home insurance industries.
- Mandatory human rights and environmental due diligence proposal published for corporates
Mandatory human rights and environmental due diligence proposal published for corporates.
- Asset Management & Investment Funds Update – March 2022
- Government Announce Final Design of Ireland’s Auto Enrolment Pension System
- Directors of Shell Face Potential Shareholder Derivative Action in UK Court