Welcome to the September 2022 edition of Legal News. Here is a selection of our recent publications on subjects that may affect you or your business.
For more information on any of the topics covered in this edition, please contact the people listed in the articles or your usual William Fry contact.
- Individual Accountability & SEAR: Central Bank (Individual Accountability Framework) Bill 2022
We look at notable features of the Bill examined under each of the four pillars of the individual accountability framework, including conduct standards, fitness and probity reforms, reforms to simplify regulatory enforcement against individuals, and the senior executive accountability regime.
- Just What the Doctor Ordered – Paid Sick Leave Becomes the Law in Ireland
This article discusses the recent signing into law of the Sick Leave Act 2022 and the forthcoming implications for employers and employees upon commencement.
- A Review of the Screening of Third Country Transactions Bill 2022
This long-awaited Bill, once enacted, will provide Ireland with a mechanism for protecting the State’s key infrastructure from ownership by investors from third country undertakings to safeguard security or public order.
- Subject Access Request: Data Protection Commission Decision is set aside by the Circuit Court
The Circuit Court recently set aside a decision of the Data Protection Commission for failing to comply with fair procedures in arriving at its final decision on a subject access request complaint.
- A New Tune for Whistle-Blowers – Protected Disclosures (Amendment) Act 2022 Signed into Law
The Protected Disclosures (Amendment) Act 2022 has now been signed into law and will significantly extend the protections afforded to whistle-blowers once commenced.
- Irish Government Announces Implementation Plan to Reform the Civil Justice System
The “Implementation Plan on Civil Justice Efficiencies and Reform Measures” was published by the Minister for Justice in May 2022 and details the government’s plan to achieve ambitious reforms in the civil justice system in Ireland.
- Asset Management & Investment Funds Update – August 2022
- Outsourcing Register Templates published by the Central Bank
- Proposed Guidance on Climate Change Risks for the (Re)Insurance Sector – CBI Launches Public Consultation