She specialises in Mergers & Acquisitions, reorganisations, shareholders’ agreements and fundraisings. She has been a Partner in the Corporate Department since 2003. Barbara has written and spoken extensively on the Companies Act 2014 and the implications of same for Irish companies.
Recent significant deals in which Barbara has been involved include:
- Uniphar’s acquisition of the Hickey Pharmacy Group and the proposed acquisition of the Sam McCauley Pharmacy Group
- Erisbeg’s investment in the Dixon Transport Group
- The sale of Hazelwood Demesne Limited/the Lough Gill whiskey distillery to Sazerac
- The sale of the Trinity Care Nursing Home Group to DomusVi
- The sale of the J&E Davy Group
- The sale of a number of Fraser Hart stores by the Anthony Nicholas Group
Barbara was announced the winner in the ‘Services to Law’ category at the Irish Women’s Awards 2020.