He specialises in M&A, IPO, corporate restructurings, corporate finance, securities laws, company law, corporate governance, shareholder agreements, and contractual issues (including agency and distribution agreements).
Barry was recently appointed by the Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation to the Company Law Review Group, a statutory body that advises the Minister on company law reform.
Recent significant transactions in which Barry has acted include:
- Advised DFDS on its recent acquisition of Lucey Transport Logistics Limited
- Assisting the Irish government in the drafting of COVID-19- related corporate legislation
- Assisting the Skillsoft Group in its recent entry into and exit from Chapter 11 proceedings in the US
- Advising Fineos in relation to their recent IPO in Australia
- Advising the sellers of Irish medical devices company, Crospon Limited, on its recent sale to Medtronic
- Advising Fairfax Financial Holdings on its €70m investment in a convertible bond instrument issued by FBD Insurance plc (a subsidiary of FBD Holdings plc)
- Advising King Digital Entertainment on its US$7.2bn IPO on the NYSE IPO
Barry has assisted the Irish Government in the drafting of securities legislation. He has contributed the Irish chapter to LexisNexis’ volumes on International Agency and Distribution Agreements and has contributed to the International Bar Associations ‘Business Law International’ . He holds a Diploma in Financial Services Law from UCD.