She has a broad practice with over twenty years’ experience advising public sector, utility and private entities on all aspects of projects and construction, with particular expertise and specialisation in construction procurement. She advises on bespoke and standard form contracts including those of RIAI, IEI, JCT, FIDIC, NEC, CWMF and OGP.
Cassandra also specialises in projects and construction dispute resolution and dispute avoidance under all construction and engineering contract forms, including the public works contracts. She is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, arbitrator and Accredited Mediator and advises on related litigation, adjudication, conciliation, expert determination, domestic and international arbitration, and construction insolvency.
Recent significant experience includes advising:
- EirGrid plc, the Irish state-owned electricity transmission operator, on the procurement, design and construction of circa 450 MW of temporary emergency generation.
- The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland on development of Education and Research Centres at various University and hospital campus locations;
- Institutional investor Irish Life on its waterfront development 1 Georges Quay including fit-outs for tenants WeWorks and Pepsico; on a new build office development at 70 St Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2 using innovative green technology; and on development of the Irish Life campus;
- Private equity company Kennedy Wilson on various development projects and their financing/refinancing across its portfolio including Clancy Quay, Islandbridge, Dublin 8 (Ireland’s largest private rented sector (PRS) scheme);
- Edwards Life Sciences on development of its largest European med-tech facility in South West Ireland and other clients on facilities in the life sciences and pharmaceutical sectors;
- SIRO on development aspects of investment and financing for its broadband network expansion (€620m) and
- Circle K on the design, build, finance and operation and maintenance of the Motorway Service Area Centres PPP Project.