Welcome to the January 2020 edition of Legal News. We at William Fry aim to keep you up to date on legal developments that may affect you or your business.
Here are some of our recently published website articles and insights you may have missed.
- Supreme Court Cleans House
This article discusses various cases where issues of practice and procedure in commercial litigation arose for consideration by the Supreme Court this year.
- Advisor to CJEU in the Schrems II Case finds Standard Contractual Clauses Remain Valid
Court of Justice AG finds that the CJEU should declare the Commission’s decision on standard contractual clauses is valid.
- Employment & Benefits: What to Expect in 2020
In the final instalment of our 12 Days of Christmas series, we look at some developments that we can expect in 2020
- First Concrete Steps Taken to Implement EU Sustainable Finance Action Plan
On 9 December 2019, the first of the legislative measures in the EU’s Sustainable Finance Action Plan were published.
- Increased Obligations for Retailers with the Introduction of New Gift Voucher Legislation
Traders will need to update their T&Cs for new gift voucher rules.
- Post-Crisis Regulation Continues with Revised Recommendations to Limit Leverage Build-Up in SFTs
Funds remain in-scope of FSB framework for haircuts on non-centrally cleared SFTs.
- A New Regime for the Protection Of Whistleblowers
EU Whistleblowing Directive, effective 16 December 2019, introduces obligations to facilitate and support whistleblowing.
- IOSCO’s Leverage Framework for Investment Funds
On 13 December 2019, IOSCO published recommendations for the measurement and monitoring of leverage in investment funds.
- Euronext Growth Designation as an SME Growth Market
Simplified market processes for SMEs as Euronext Growth designated an ‘SME growth market’.
- Dunnes Stores Appeal Case on Plastic Bag Levy
- Second Ever Public Hearing by CAS following ECtHR Decision
Download our full Legal News here or click on the image below.