As we have seen, Ireland remains a location of choice for US investment but, what makes US Companies and Ireland such a great match? What makes 600 of America’s best companies choose Ireland to help them grow?
Find out by viewing this tour of Ireland video compiled by the American Chamber of Commerce in Ireland.
Did you know?
- The Ernst & Young Globalisation Index 2011 ranks Ireland:
- Most globalised economy worldwide in the categories of global movement of finance and capital and global technology exchange
- Most globalised western economy
- Second most globalised economy worldwide.
The report envisages Ireland retaining this overall second place ranking until at least 2015
- Ireland is the largest net exporter of pharmaceuticals in the world with 9 of the top 10 pharmaceutical firms now having operations in Ireland
- Irish domiciled investment funds have exceeded a record making €1 trillion in assets. This is an increase of 40% on the €711 billion recorded in November 2009
- With over 140 shared service centres employing 39,000 people, Ireland ranks 3rd in the world for number of shared service centres in a single country
- In three years Ireland has moved from 21st to 13th place in the Global Innovation Index
- The Government has announced plans to extend until 2020 the current exemption for US multinationals from having to prepare separate accounts under Irish GAAP or IFRS where they are already obliged to prepare accounts under US GAAP
- Exports for the first 9 months of 2011 were up 4.4% on the same period in 2010.
- Labour market competitiveness continues to improve with productivity above the EU area average and unit wage costs expected to continue falling in 2012
- A European Commission third-level education study has found that international employers believe Ireland has the most highly employable graduates in the world