He has extensive experience advising on acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, corporate/tax restructurings, capital maintenance, corporate governance, corporate finance, private equity and venture capital. Andrew headed William Fry’s San Francisco office from 2016 to 2019 where he worked closely with US clients on international expansion projects to Ireland. Andrew leads the firm’s Inward Investment Group and acts for a wide range of Irish and international corporations and investment firms in the technology, life sciences and infrastructure sectors.
Recent transactions including advising:
- Uniphar plc on its acquisition of the Navi Group, a supplier of leading digital platforms and quality pharmaceutical products, and separately on its acquisition of the Hickey Pharmacy group
- Cruinn Diagnostics, a supplier of laboratory diagnostics, instrumentation and consumables in the Laboratory, Medical and Healthcare markets, on a private equity investment by MML Growth Capital Partners
- Swiftqueue Technologies, a cloud-native appointment and scheduling solutions supplier to provide scheduling systems for hospitals, clinics and specialists, on its sale to European healthcare and diagnostic software provider, Dedalus SpA
- Core Industrial Holdings on its disposal of an industrial and logistics portfolio to KKR and Palm Capital
- August Equity on its acquisition of Integrity360, an industry-leading cyber security specialist
- MML Growth Capital Partners on its private equity investments in Kyte Powertech (a manufacturer of distribution transformers for distribution networks and industrial applications), Relatecare (a healthcare communications consultancy and outsourcing leader) and H&MV Engineering (a specialist in high voltage electrical contracting and consulting) and separately on the buyout by Prim-Ed Publishing of RIC Publications (a global provider of educational resources and teaching aids)
- Atlantic Bridge on the establishment of its venture capital funds, its venture investments in WellAir, HiLight Semiconductor, Fieldaware, Swrve and other portfolio companies and on the Navitas SPAC acquisition by Live Oak Acquisition Corp
- Qorvo Inc., the US based leader in RF Solutions on its acquisition of Decawave Limited, the Irish provider of UWB solutions for mobile, automotive and IoT applications
- Nitro Software, a developer of document productivity solutions, on its Initial Public Offering and admission to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX)
- NetFort Technologies on its disposal to US data analytics provider, Rapid7
Ranking & Recommendations
2023 Chambers Global
“He has a very strong commercial focus and is a good negotiator."
2023 Chambers Europe
“Andrew is a brilliant lawyer and his knowledge and efficiency make him a pleasure to work with.”
Article and Insights
Overseas investors remain committed to Ireland: foreign acquirers conducted 216 tr...
Article and Insights
As the Brexit transition period draws to a close, we look at some of the key consi...
A short summary of the news card goes here and it can span over a few lines if nee...