Laura advises financial institutions, alternative lenders and borrowers on a broad range of banking and finance transactions including, real estate finance (development and investment), acquisition finance and general corporate lending. Laura regularly acts as lead counsel in multi-jurisdictional transactions and has particular experience in lending into QIAIF/ ICAV structures. Laura is also a member of the firm’s Inward Investment Group. Laura relocated to Cork in early 2019 to assist in the establishment of our Cork Office.
Prior to joining William Fry’s London office in 2015, Laura spent 5 years in the Asia Pacific region working for a corporate law firm. Laura is admitted to practice in New South Wales (Australia), Fiji and Ireland.
Laura’s experience includes advising:
- the European Investment Bank in relation to the financing provided to Carbery Creameries Limited for the development of a manufacturing facility and on its funding of the Ringaskiddy Port Redevelopment by the Port of Cork (a TEN-T project).
- Apollo Global Management in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Tech Data Corporation, one of the world’s largest technology distributors.
- MML Growth Capital Partners on the financing of its private equity investments in CG Power Systems Ireland (a manufacturer of distribution transformers for distribution networks and industrial applications), Sonas bathrooms (one of the country’s largest distributors of bathrooms) and the buyout by Prim-Ed Publishing of RIC Publications (a global provider of educational resources and teaching aids).
- Venture Debt provider Harbert Growth Capital on all its Irish transactions and operations.
- on the financing of the acquisition, development and subsequent disposal of Point Campus in Dublin, the largest off-campus student accommodation complex in Ireland.