Mary advises on a broad range of banking and finance transactions with a particular focus on asset finance and structured finance. She also advises banks, funders, investors and corporates on all forms of investment and acquisition finance.
Notable recent transactions include advising:
- Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank in connection with the financing of a portfolio of aircraft for an English based lessor through its Irish subsidiaries.
- The Korea Development Bank and a syndicate of banks based in Asia, in connection with the financing of a portfolio of aircraft for an Irish based lessor, backed by one of the largest independent Chinese aircraft lessors.
- Societe Generale and a syndicate of banks in connection with the financing and refinancing of a portfolio of helicopters for an Irish based Heli-leasing company
- BoComm in relation to the financing of a portfolio of aircraft by an Irish based lessor.
- DVB Bank Singapore in connection the financing arrangement relating to a number of sale and leaseback transactions for an Irish based, Chinese bank backed, lessor.
- Goldman Sachs as lead arranger and book runner on a $1bn securitisation of an asset portfolio by an Irish special purpose company.
Ranking & Recommendations
2023 Chambers Global
“Mary Ward is always brilliant - very commercial and keeps things simple. She is responsive and dependable. She is also commercial in her approach to providing legal advice.”
2022 IFLR 1000
Mary Ward regularly acts for international lenders and aviation companies on asset finance matters. Her practice encompasses secured lending matters and sale and leaseback transactions. "She puts things clearly and can really pinpoint the key issues," say clients.
2022 Legal 500 EMEA
Mary Ward and David Maughan are both extraordinary individuals. They really care for their clients." "Very strong technical knowledge delivered with a great commercial approach"
Article and Insights
As the aviation industry struggles in these challenging times, Irish commercial ai...
Article and Insights
Bills currently before the Oireachtas and Bills expected to be published
ISTAT Asia sponsorship