The Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR), which is now in effect, introduces mandatory reporting requirements for certain ‘financial market participants’ and ‘financial advisers’ on sustainable practices and environment, social and governance (ESG) matters. The harmonisation of disclosure standards across the EU is intended to facilitate greater transparency and comparability of different financial products and services.
In this briefing, we analyse the impact of the SFDR on the insurance industry including:
- Insurers and insurance intermediaries in-scope of SFDR;
- Ireland’s decision on the exemption for small insurance intermediaries and investment firms;
- the main SFDR obligations applicable to in-scope insurers and insurance intermediaries;
- the draft regulatory technical standards for SFDR compliance; and
- SFDR deadlines arising post-10 March 2021.
Click here or on the image below to download our full briefing.