Welcome to the June 2022 edition of Legal News. Here is a selection of our recent publications on subjects that may affect you or your business.
For more information on any of the topics covered in this edition, please contact the people listed in the articles or your usual William Fry contact.
- Gender Pay Gap – Government publishes Guidance Note on Calculating Pay Gap Metrics
The Government has published guidance for those employers due to begin reporting their gender pay gap metrics in December 2022.
- GDPR is 4
As GDPR turns 4, we look at 7 new and incoming data-driven pieces of EU legislation set to impact businesses.
- IVDR Crunch Time – Where does Ireland Stand?
The In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device Regulation is fully applicable as of 26 May 2022. Together with a summary of the key changes mandated under the IVDR, we examine Ireland’s readiness to adapt to these changes.
- VAT Treatment of Depository Services and Global Custody Services
On 23 May 2022, Revenue published helpful guidance on the VAT treatment of depositary services and global custody services provided in respect of an Irish special investment fund.
- Commission Issues New SFDR Q&A
Further clarifications of the ESG disclosure rules in SFDR and the EU Taxonomy Regulation likely to impact financial market participants’ existing compliance approach and preparations for the 1 January 2023 disclosure deadline.
- New Court Rules to Facilitate Operation of SCARP
A look at the new court rules to facilitate the operation of the rescue process for small and micro companies (SCARP) which will be of particular interest to insolvency practitioners and businesses dealing with companies using the SCARP process.
- Revenue’s Annual Report 2021
- Asset Management & Investment Funds Update May 2022
- Ireland approves opt in to technical amendments to the European Insolvency Regulation Annexes