Welcome to the November 2019 edition of Legal News. We at William Fry aim to keep you up to date on legal developments that may affect you or your business.
Here are some of our recently published website articles and insights you may have missed.
- Beneficial Ownership: Are You Ready to File?
Failure to file beneficial ownership information by 22 November could result in a fine of €500,000.
- Compulsory Question: Challenging a Property Arbitrator in Compulsory Purchase Order Cases
Compulsory purchase order: Aproperty arbitrator’s refusal to state a case to the High Court on a point of law is subject to judicial review.
- Can You Copyright a Powder? Charlotte Tilbury Wins Over look-a-like Contender from Aldi
A recent UK decision illustrates the difficulties in proving what artistic copyright can extend to, and how it is affected by the concept of ‘fixation’ or permanency.
- Corporate Crime: More Tools Needed in DPP’s Toolbox?
Corporate crime can be challenging to prosecute due to its frequently complicated nature, which in turn poses challenges to the DPP applying traditional methods of prosecution.
- Flexible Policies Needed to Extend Working Lives of Older Workers
The ESRI release study highlighting the need for flexible policies to extend working lives of older workers.
- Legal Advice Privilege Survives Dissolution of Company
A recent English decision gives guidance on what happens to legal advice privilege attaching to communications between a company and its lawyers, once that company has been dissolved.
- Justice Delayed, Lis Pendens Denied
Irish High Court vacates a lis pendens on application by receiver due to delay on the part of the plaintiff.
- Cookies with Bite: CJEU Rules that Cookies Require Active Consent
Europe’s highest court has found that a pre-selected cookies checkbox does not constitute valid consent for cookies to be placed on a website user’s browser.
- CCPC Consults on Simplified Merger Notification Procedure Guidelines
On 29 October 2019, the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) published a consultation on draft simplified merger notification procedure guidelines.
- Central Bank of Ireland Publishes Third Insurance Quarterly
- Asset Management & Investment Funds Update October 19
Download our full Legal News here or click on the image below.