William Fry have provided legal services for a number of years to the St Mel’s Cathedral Trust on the restoration of St Mel’s Cathedral, Longford, following extensive fire damage in 2009.
We are proud to announce that this project has recently won key awards from The Local Authority Members Association (LAMA) and The Royal Institute of Architects in Ireland (RIAI).
LAMA represents the views of the elected council representatives throughout Ireland, their awards ceremony took place in January 2016. St Mel’s Cathedral was the only project that won two awards against considerable competition:
- Best Public Building
- Best Civil Engineering project.
For more details on the LAMA awards, please click here.
St Mel’s Cathedral was chosen by the public as Ireland’s favourite building of 2015 at the RIAI awards in June 2015. The project was also awarded:
- Winner of Public Choice Award – Best Conservation/Restoration and Best Universal Design Project
- Best Conservation/Restoration
- Best Universal Design Award
- Highly Commended in the ‘Best Research Project
For more details on the RIAI awards, please click here.