Brian specialises in retail and office leasing for landlords and tenants and investment acquisitions and disposals of real estate portfolios including apartment blocks, shopping centres, hotels and offices.
Brian also advises on all aspects of contentious property with a particular focus on landlord and tenant issues including dilapidations, service charge disputes and possession cases.
He has advised extensively in the retail and leisure sector and has over 18 years’ experience in providing a broad spectrum of advice to retail clients and has advised multiple national and international clients on their expansion in the Irish market.
Recent significant work includes advising:
- Well known retail tenants such as Boots, Dealz (Poundland), Milano (Pizza Express),
- Iceland, Card Factory and Krispy Kreme on their expansion in the Irish market.
- On the acquisition by an institutional client of a 50% stake in Navan Shopping Centre.
- On the acquisition of Castlewest Shopping Centre, Cork,
- On the purchase of the five-star hotel Sheen Falls Lodge in Kenmare, Co Kerry.
In addition to contributing a chapter to the Law Society of Ireland Landlord and Tenant Law manual, he is also a regular lecturer on the Law Society Professional Practice and Continuing Professional Development courses and other industry events.