Welcome to the June 2019 edition of Legal News. We at William Fry aim to keep you up to date on legal developments that may affect you or your business.
Here are some of our recently published website articles and insights you may have missed.
- Update: Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2017 Passed by Seanad
Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2017 passes latest stage on road to enactment.
- Positive Reporting Obligation Does Not Erode Right to Silence
This article considers the recent Supreme Court decision which found the criminal offence of “withholding information” to be constitutional.
- The Semenya Case and Similar Application in Ireland
Following the Caster Semenya case, how might non-employee athletes bring discrimination claims in Ireland?
- Immigration Update: Ireland and United Kingdom sign Common Travel Area Memorandum of Understanding
Our corporate immigration team will continue to provide updates on changes or clarifications occurring in the run up to Brexit in 2019.
- Update: Sectoral Employment Order in Construction Industry Includes Pay Rises and Will Increase Costs
Construction and electrical workers to receive pay increases after Minister backs Labour Court recommendations.
- Supreme Court Dismisses Facebook Appeal on Transfer of Personal Data
Supreme Court dismisses Facebook’s appeal on the transfer of personal data.
- In Short:
View the Legal News Print Friendly document here