Leo advises domestic and multi-national companies on digital transformation projects, outsourcing, software licensing and development, new technologies (including AI and NFTs), e-commerce, and strategic legal due diligence. – Technology –
He provides strategic advice and assistance on complex IP matters and contracts, IP and tax structuring, IP protection and exploitation/licensing strategies, and brand management. He counsels on and manages large IP portfolios for leading global and Irish enterprises; he is a registered Irish and European Trade Mark and Design Attorney. – IP –
His extensive experience on data protection and cyber security matters includes advising companies in sectors such as Technology, Sport, Financial Services, and Food & Beverage on GDPR compliance programmes, marketing, international transfers, data breach and cyber incidents, and engagements with Data Protection regulators. – Data protection –
Leo is William Fry’s Strategy Implementation Partner and is a co-lead in the William Fry Inward Investment and US Market groups. He is a member of iTechLaw, INTA, SCL, IAPP and the Law Society of Ireland IP & DP Committee.
A regular contributor of articles to publications, Leo has also participated in lecture programmes on data protection, commercial law and intellectual property including on the Law Society of Ireland’s Diploma Programme and its Professional Practice Courses.
- Technology, sports, financial services, food & beverage and life sciences companies on data protection and GDPR compliance programmes
- Major international US-based clothing and sports brands and global food & beverage companies on brand protection and enforcement including parallel imports and management of global IP portfolios and brands
- Enterprises including financial services and utility companies, by providing strategic assistance on the commercial and legal aspects of major sporting sponsorship agreements and naming rights contracts
- NFT platform provider and sports organisations on NFTs and new technologies
- Leading global and Irish platform and social media providers on outsourcing and customer contracts, copyright matters and data protection.
Leo is a member of iTechLaw and of the International Trade Mark Association (INTA). He is also a registered Irish and European Trade Mark and Design Attorney.