Corporate and M&A have always been the bedrock of our practice at William Fry.
Our team has excellent credentials, a wealth of experience and an impressive depth of expertise. We consistently have a central role in the most sophisticated and complex corporate transactions and advisory work in Ireland, as well as in large cross-border deals with an Irish aspect.
Our clients include leading Irish and international companies and institutions, public and private, as well as state and public sector bodies. We are also proud to have acted for many of Ireland’s most successful entrepreneurs.
We are consistently ranked in the top tier of Irish advisers for Corporate and M&A work by leading directories including Chambers Global and Legal 500. Most recently we have been:
- The only Irish Law firm to be ranked in the top three for Irish M&A activity for the last five year;
- Advised on over 60% of all reported Venture Capital deals in Ireland (IVCA VenturePulse Report 2015), more than any other Irish Law firm;
- We are consistently ranked in the top three of Irish advisers for Corporate/M&A work by leading M&A league table houses and directories including mergermarket, Thomas Reuters, Chambers Global and Legal 500;
- Awarded ‘European Corporate Deal of the Year’ at The Lawyer European Awards 2016 for our role as lead advisor to International Consolidated Airlines Group SA (IAG) on its acquisition of Aer Lingus Group plc (Aer Lingus) for €1.46bn, and
- Advised on the M&A Deal of the Year Capital Markets (Finance Dublin Magazine's Deal of Year 2016).
Our Corporate team is centrally involved in the Firm’s sectoral groups, including our Banking & Finance, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Inward Investment/FDI, Private Equity and Technology groups, and is supported by our other Departments to ensure effective and efficient delivery of solutions focused advice.